About the project
This short course is a project initiated by Silpakorn University International Affairs department to welcome International students to study in 70 of our faculties for 5 days period throughout 2022 academic year. Each faculty including Faculty of Music has been given 70 number of international students to join the program in which accommodation, meal, ground transportation, study and registration fee during the entire stay will be covered by our side.
Students joining the project will get to learn a wide variety of courses from instrument private class, ensemble, ASEAN music, Thai Traditional Music and a special day trip to Bangkok’s top tourist attractions. This is also a great opportunity for your students to meet new friends from Thailand and other countries as well as experiencing cultural diversity. This short course is scheduled to take place at our campus in Bangkok during June 19-25, 2023 at Faculty of Music, Silpakorn University.
- Jazz improvisation
- Small combos
- Practical workshop
- Instrument specific & performance
- Thai cultural activities
- Non Thai nationals
- No age restriction
- Currently enrolled in bachelor degree or master degree
|Application||Now – 30 April|
|Announcement of Successful Applicants||5 May||Do not make travel plans until you have received letter of confirmation|
|Visa application & booking of flights||10-31 May||Please send a copy of passport and flight itinerary to email@example.com|
|Announcement of Confirmed Applicants||5 June||http://music.su.ac.th|
|Class Begin – End Date||19-25 June|
*The school is not responsible for applying your Thai visa.
*Please apply the Thai visa on your own should you need it. Any charges incurred should be paid on your own. A confirmation letter from the school will be given to assist in your application of visa.
*Any travel expenses incurred should be paid on your own. Eg. Air ticket, taxi, etc.
What to bring
- Drum kits, amplifiers, and pianos/keyboards will be provided. Drummers may bring their own cymbals, drum sticks, brushes.
- We are not able to provide electric guitars, bass, woodwind, and brass.
- Note pad, music paper, pens, and pencils.
The weather during the summer is usually hot. Dress is casual, and T-shirts are acceptable. For the Student Showcase concert, you may want to bring something a little nicer, such as a polo shirt, or a summer dress or skirt.
Dress code for temples in Bangkok
- Short skirts and shorts or even shortened trousers (you should always wear full length). Skirts that fall below the knee are permitted.
- Tight fitting trousers such as leggings.
- Any clothing that has holes in, such as ripped jeans.
- Vests or any top without sleeves, you can wear t-shirts.
- Any top with sleeves rolled up, even if it’s warm keep your sleeves down.
- Sportswear of any type.
- Sweat shirts or sweat pants.
- Perhaps unexpectedly you can wear sandals and flip-flops (in a suitable design) but it’s best to wear full shoes for comfort when you’re walking around.
Each faculty including Faculty of Music has been given 70 number of international students to join the program in which accommodation, meal, ground transportation, study and registration fee during the entire stay will be covered by our side. Students/University will only be responsible to pay their own international flights coming here.
A room provided by the organizers on the shared bedroom/bathroom basis.
- Applicants must be a current student at Batchelor or Master Degree level and must not have participated in any Silpakorn’s programs.
- The applicants must be responsible for their air tickets and insurance plan for overseas medical and travel insurance. The insurance costs will be borne by the applicants.
- The applicants will stay in a room provided by the organizers on the shared bedroom/bathroom basis.
- The scholarship cover hotel accommodation from 19th to 25th June 2023, lunch boxes for the class days, courses and cultural trips and excludes air tickets, personal expenses, visa fees (if any), other meals and other expenses.
- The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject any application without stating reason.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any illegal behavior.
- Do not make travel plans until you have received letter of confirmation
- The organizers are not responsible for applying your Thai visa.
- Please apply the Thai visa on your own should you need it. Any charges incurred should be paid on your own. A confirmation letter from the school will be given to assist in your application of visa.
International Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put “SSS2023” in subject line of email